Unity Development Guide
Layout of a Maps Unity Project
The Lightship Maps configuration of a Unity project is straightforward:
- LightshipMap - Lightship Maps prefab
In the project Hierarchy, LightshipMap will appear at the top level. MapLayers can appear anywhere but can be placed as a child of LightshipMap. Map Themes do not show up in the Hierarchy by default but as a property of the LightshipMap. If you open the Map Theme in the Hierarchy can you find a list of FeatureBuilders that it uses.
In your Unity project, you can find Themes under
Packages/Lightship Maps SDK/SampleAssets/Themes. You can find APIs, including builders, under
Packages/Lightship Maps SDK/Runtime/Niantic.Lightship.Maps. You can find Samples in
Assets/Samples/Lightship Maps SDK.
In This Guide
- Lightship Map Prefab - The Lightship Maps prefab is a Unity prefab, a prepackaged GameObject with components, property values, and child assets. The prefab supports feature builders, a map layer, features, and themes.
- Feature Builders - The
LightshipMapprefab uses configurable feature builders for generating and rendering meshes for map tiles features.
- Map Layers - A map layer is a group of GameObjects associated with a map.
- Map Themes - Map Themes are the basis for the visual style of the Lightship Map.
- Unity How-To Guides - Step-by-step instructions for performing common tasks.