Location Drift Mitigation
ARLocationManager class provides three experimental features for drift mitigation.
To access these features:
- Open the Player Settings menu:
- In the File top menu, choose Build Settings.
- Click the button labeled Player Settings in the bottom-left corner of the Build Settings window.
- Add the experimental feature flag:
- Scroll down to Script Compilation in the Player Settings menu.
- Under Scripting Define Symbols, click the + button to add another line, then add
NIANTIC_ARDK_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURESto enable them.
The three experimental drift mitigation features are:
- Continuous Localization:
- Without continuous localization enabled, VPS only localizes a single time and the anchor may accumulate drift over time.
- By default, Continuous Localization sends VPS localization requests every 2 seconds. The rate of localization requests can be configured using
- Temporal Fusion
- By default, averages the last five good localization results to provide a more stable localization. Continuous Localization must be enabled for Temporal Fusion to work.
- Adds interpolation to anchor updates for smoother transforms. By default, interpolates updates over 1 second.